Summary: Following clues from they found in Filge’s laboratory (including a note from Balabar Smenk and a green worm in a vial), the heroes investigated rumors of a cult operating under the Dourstone Mine. As they investigated, the clues started to pile up:
- Ragnolin Dourstone, owner of the mine, had not been to his home in days
- Esra Kyrie was convinced the Black Knights, operating under The Faceless One, were involved and her kid brother was in the mine with them
- Balabar Smenk insisted that they kill the Faceless One, and in return he would let Filge’s death slide.
Deep underground, under even the lowest level of the mine, the heroes found a temple dedicated to 3 gods; Odosor, Celorus & Trucida. Other clues indicated a branch of a cult called The Ebon Triad was operating out of this temple. The Ebon Triad works to bring about the merging of the 3 gods into one all-powerful overgod that will even be more powerful than Arctos. How this cult was involved with the green worm, however was still a mystery.
The heroes fought their way through the temples to the 3 individual gods, eventually reaching the labrynth of Celorus. There they encountered The Black Knights and rescued a very reluctant Listro Kyrie. Beyond the labrynth was the Faceless One’s lair. There they confronted Dourstone & the Faceless One and after a perilous battle, killed the latter. Dourstone attempted to end his own life but was saved by Scruffin. Shortly thereater a terrible creature, an aspect of the 3 gods, rose from the black pit in the temple. The heroes defeated it and returned to the surface.
On the surface, Dourstone was in a comatose state. Balabar Smenk lived up to his end of the bargain and handed over Old Observatory. Dulok Blizthame took control of the Dourstone mine until Ragnolin was well again. The heroes moved into their new headquarters but soon realized all was not well, as unfriendly eyes seemed to watch them all over Koshepa . . .
People to Remember:
- Ragnolin Dourstone: Owner of Dourstone Mine and currently comatose.
- Balabar Smenk: Corrupt Mine Manager
- The Faceless One: leader of the now-likely-defunct Black Knights and the Koshepa Ebon Triad sect (killed by the heroes).
- Theldrick: Leader of the Odosor-wing of the Koshepa Ebon Triad (killed by the heroes)
- Esra & Listro Kyrie: former Black Knights members; they moved to Qalachi shortly after the dourstone mine incident.
- Dulok Blitzhame: Runs The Greysmere Covenant. The heroes rescued him from the hands of the Whitelings. He now is acting manager of the Dourstone Mine.