- They talked to Marzena and Delaron about the worms found at Blackwall Keep. When Marzena found out they were going to Qalachi, she recommended they talk to Eligos.
- Delaron told them not to trust Eligos. He didn’t have much more to offer regarding the worms or the Ebon Triad. He said he would be spending the next week or so investigating the Whispering Cairn.
- They participated in a Dragonchess tournament, which Scruffin won. They met local personalities such as Zalamandra, Lazare, Chaum Gainsworth, and the merchant Rontabont Mur.
- They investigated the abandoned Black Knights lair. From there they found a note from Theldrick to the Faceless One speaking of a hooved cleric, a “powerful new ally” and someone named Bozal.
- They met Kayla Sparrowsong from Qalachi. She met with Amadi and Illyon to learn about their adventures for her new song. (They later learned she was likely a Doppelganger).
After a week in Koshepa the party decided to head to the Free City to follow leads from the letter and to meet Eligos, and possibly see about entering the Champions Games to put Skyler Bronzespeare in his place.
They stayed at The Crooked House when they arrived in Qalachi and became fast friends with Tarquin, the proprietor. They met Eligos, a stern, no-nonsense Magus who agreed to do some research for them after seeing Marzena’s letter. He told them to meet him in a week.
Meanwhile, the party kept searching for clues about this “Bozal” character, largely drawing blanks. Unbeknownst to the others, Amadi was captured and replaced with a doppelganger. Kraldar had a chance meeting with Roderick Dohasan, Orolar of the Shield and leader of the Defender faith. The party then visited the Champion’s arena to see about entering the games. They recieved a general flyer but asked for more info; they learned about the 10,000gp entry fee and requirement of a team manager and decided to table that idea for now.
The party was set up for a string of murders by a gang of doppelgangers who had infiltrated the free city guard. They escaped and killed the doppelgangers, freeing the real Amadi. After killing the doppelganger leader they found a note ordering the murders of Amadi, Kraldar, Scruffin and Noth. They were ambushed on the way out and nearly beaten by a Mind Flayer and his dark elf minions.
Following clues from the note they found the Mind Flayer’s lair. They began by defeating his dark elf minions. They then battled through his lair (where Kraldar heard the name “Zyrxog”, defeating a stone brain, a new monstrous creation and finding his museum/library. They found a host of interesting items and notes on the mind flayer’s newest horrific creation, a “Mind Worm”. Finally they battled the Mind Flayer, only killing him after Scruffin and Kraldar perished. Amadi and Illyon found a ledger written in undercommon and containing their names. With the help of some townsfolk they rescued, they carried their fallen to safety.